Monday, July 8, 2013

An easy way to accomplish #3 (2/1001)


Day two of one thousand and one days

Use a "word of the day" in a sentence every day for two weeks (or longer)

For those days that I don't participate in any conversations, I will blog using the word in a sentence.

I'm also planning to use a few different sources for the word of the day. 

Today's word of the day on Word Think is indigenous. I'm pretty sure that I could slip that in to a conversation pretty easily. You know, since I'm an indigenous Eastern Shore girl. 

Why am I using different sources? 

The word of the day from Merriam-Webster Online is ephebic: of, relating to, or characteristic of a youth of ancient Greece or a young man
Read more at http://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day/#T6SyW6A7lDcooKYD.99 
The word of the day from the New York Times is tout. I'm pretty sure that's doable.

The word of the day from Dictionary.com is edacity: the state of being edacious; voraciousness; appetite.


No comments: