This Presidency has certainly prompted me to some activism, as well as making donations to organizations that I believe in. Pretty much everything breaks my heart these days – whether its hunger (especially childhood hunger), xenophobia, racism, gun violence, environmental issues, and of course women’s issues. My girlfriend and I marched in the DC Women’s March on January 21st and it was an amazing experience. I also did the March for Science on April 22nd.
I think I am closer to doing this. Studying for my 66 was so time consuming that it made me realize that I can probably take on one class a semester and maybe I can even CLEP out of some classes. Within the next year, I’m going to go visit a counselor if possible and talk to them about my options.
I passed it on my second try. I was 4 questions short on my first attempt, which was devastating. I passed with an 80% on the second go, so I was pretty pleased with myself. After my 80, I felt like I could take on the world – or maybe a fancy designation.
78. Rearrange furniture in reading nook and downstairs
81. Help Jay design & assemble outdoor fire pit area
83. Print and frame pics of at least ten new friends/family to hang in hallway
85. Build a backyard deck
91. Clean out closets in all bedrooms
92. Make a donation at least once a year to Purple Heart (2 of 3)
93. Make a filing system for all of my important documents